Water Under the Bridge

Art can have a very healing and freeing effect on you.  The documented life projects' prompt last week was "Water Under the Bridge."  The art challenge was to use watercolor.  I decided to create a wave (my first) and a dock.  We sail in the summer and with the weather heating up (finally!!) I thought of our boat slip.  The wave or dock are not perfect but I kind of like my sun on the water.  It was fun to do and that is what matters. 

As I was painting I started to think of the journal prompt.  "Water Under the Bridge" is a good way to look at a lot of things in life.  We can use that metaphor to forgive others.  We can also use it to let go of negativity in our lives.  We could use it to stop the critical self talk we do to ourselves when we feel we don't measure up. 

What does it mean to you?



Comments

Popular Posts