Raise them up


My youngest will be graduating in a few weeks.  I have mixed emotions.  I am proud, for sure.  I am also a little sad.  It really seems like just yesterday that my children were starting their first day of school.  Now my daughter is in college and my son will be heading there in fall.  As a parent this is what we work toward right?  You always wonder, did I do everything possible to ensure my child’s success and happiness?  Would I change anything?  I guess in reflection I would have lived more in the moment.  You are so busy as parents just keeping schedules straight and living the day to day life that I think sometimes we just get lost in the busyness.  It isn’t too late though.  My children still live at home and I still have opportunities to “live in the moment” with them.  So I think I will start that today.  After all, they are pretty awesome humans.  



Comments

Popular Posts