Keto...it isn’t a diet


Being in my 50’s has made me pause for a second and consider my health and well-being.  Over the years my weight has inched upward with no slowing down.  I have tried “diets” in the past but either put the weight back on or fall off the wagon right away. 

Back in December of 2018 I ran across a program for “clean eating”.  I decided to sign up for it.  I gave up sugar, bread and processed foods.  I started losing weight…daily!  It was so exciting.  After a month the program was over and I thought, what now?  My husband had been on a diet called the carnivore diet and lost a good deal of weight but it seemed pretty extreme to me.  I did some research and came across Keto. 

I have been trying to live the Keto lifestyle since.  Let me explain why.  Sugar is really, really bad for you. Fat is not.  We have been misinformed and it is hurting our health and the health of our children.  When I follow a high fat, moderate protein and low carb lifestyle I feel, well, healthy. 

I invite you to do some research and see if it is right for you. I am passionate about it because the research I am ready makes sense.  There are so many good resources out there. 

Comments

Popular Posts