Week 12

Whew, I struggled with this for some reason.  I think I fear that I am just not good enough.  Then I read some things from a few fellow artists and that got me thinking.  Who am I doing this for?  Why am I doing this?  Does it matter?

Hmm...so I am doing this for me.  That was easy.  I am happiest when I am creating, it is that simple.  That kind of goes into the why.  I am doing this to improve my artistic abilities.  There is no goal in mind.  I just want to get better.  Wow, could it be that easy?  That sort of takes the pressure off.

If you are on your art journey give yourself a break.  Every artist starts somewhere.  Don't be discouraged because then you will want to quit.  Do it for you!  Do it every chance you get!

With all this in mind I decided to just DO IT on Saturday.  And here are the results.  Thanks so much for looking.

The Documented Life Project for the month of March is "Making your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making).  To read more about this amazing program, check out the Academy here.

The challenges for week 12 are:

  • Art Challenge:  As a Focal Point
  • Journal Challenge:  Coming into Focus

I just started to doodle on the page.  I knew this would probably be covered up and that was okay.


I added some tissue paper elements from Tim Holtz collection with gel medium.  Love this stuff!  I also stenciled on some modeling paste with a Grungy Grid 7 X 9 stencil by Finnabair - Prima. I think this one might be my favorite go to stencil right now. 


Next I added some border elements.  I had a piece of cardstock that I had used with my Gelli Plate and decided to cut it up for the border to create interest. 


I painted and stamped and added extra marking to support the challenges.  I am happy with the result. 



Thanks for looking!  No pun intended.

Comments

Popular Posts